Wednesday, January 14, 2009

On Eugene Domingo & Maryo J. De Los Reyes

Happy New Year everyone!! I'm sorry for keeping you guys waiting. I've been really busy these past few months doing my ads for thesis. I'll be posting it but maybe after defense. Which reminds me.. I only have less than a month to finish everything before presentation. To be honest, i'm really nervous. All the answers such as "what grade am I going to get?", "What will be the reason why i'll get a low grade?", and many more. My mom's advice.. just get it all done and be able to graduate. I really hope i'd do well next month. Wish me luck! :) Anyway, here are some of my adventures for the past three months...

I was able to get a testimonial for my event's chosen endorsers. They are :



“Sa lahat ng aspeto, tama si Jose Rizal. Kabataan ang pag-asa ng bayan. Ang pelikula, ang magtataguyod ng pagkakakilanlan natin sa mundo ng sining, ay magsisimula sa inyo. Kailangan maintindihan ang kasaysayan kung bakit nagkakaganoon, kung bakit tayo nandito, at kung paano ito ipapasa sa mga susunod na henerasyon."

-- Eugene Domingo's message for the youth

and



“If classic literature is taught in schools,
all the more students should see our films and its history
to learn more about our cultural heritage.
Para hindi lang sayaw na pagiling-giling
ang konsepto ng kabataan sa ating
sining at kultura."

- Maryo J. De Los Reyes
calling for action to learn more about our culture through film


I'm afraid I won't be posting their interview transcripts. Unfortunately, my digicam's memory card has a virus which deleted the video. Good thing I was able to write direk Maryo's message. Though my paper would look better had I transcribed the interview earlier. Stupid me. :(

Which reminds me, I finally met Video 48's Simon Santos. Thank God I met him! He's been of really great help to me and to my thesis. :) Thank you sir!

Anyway, i'm planning to post my first attempts on my event ads on my next entry. Hope you enjoyed a bit of info from my event's endorsers. :p Til next! :)

Now, back to work.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi! i see you were able to do an interview with mr. jun urbano, would you know his contact details or how i can reach him? i have an important paper to write about the recently concluded GMA short film festival, and it would be great if i too can ask him some questions :) thank you so much!

the only juz said...

Hi Isabel.. Sorry for replying late. I've been really busy these past few days. Anyway, i'm afraid i'll ask permission first from my professor. He was the one who gave Mr. Urbano's number. Baka kasi magalit uncle niya kasi. Makakahintay ba? But i'll let you know asap. Hope you understand. :) Oh and thanks for dropping by.. :)

Anonymous said...

hi again juz!! thank you very much, i'd really appreciate that :) i have not been able to find his contact details online or through my professor,so i was wondering if you might be able to help me. thank you again and you have a really great site :)

James DR said...

Hi, Juz! Good you're back! i always visit your blog to check your latest postings. BTW, what's the name of your professor who is the uncle of Jun Urbano (or is it Jun urbano his uncle)? May be my sister or my mother know him. Thanks.

the only juz said...

Hi Sir Jimi! Wow i'm really flattered.. thanks po for the support! :) Anyway, my professor's name is Gil Garcia Velez. I bookmarked his blog so if you'd like to know more about him you can visit na lang. :)